Here's why people take longer to say 'I love you' in relationships than they did 4 years ago
g-stockstudio / Shutterstock
- According to a survey by eHarmony, people are taking longer to say "I love you" than they did in 2014.
- They're now waiting four and a half months to express their feelings.
- It could be because modern dating is tough, and it's scary to be honest with someone new about how you feel.
- There's every chance they might be dating other people, or looking around for someone better.
- The only way to combat the fear is to be bold — if you love someone, tell them.
- If they're right for you, they won't run away.
I can't remember the last time I told a romantic partner I loved them. That might be because I'm perpetually single, but it could also be because the moment of telling someone how you feel has been hijacked and blown out of proportion by fiction.
Saying "I love you" feels monumental in romantic comedy films and television shows, but in reality, it probably doesn't have to be such a big deal.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: Cigna's CEO says that the problem with healthcare in America has nothing to do with employers
See Also:
- 10 behaviours that count as cheating, according to Ashley Madison users — and none of them involve sex
- Using these words in your dating profile will get you the most matches, according to dating app Badoo
- 4 people on the average flight could meet the love of their life in the air, according to a survey
from Feedburner https://ift.tt/2Nxof65
via IFTTT
Comments
Post a Comment